What should I bring with me on the charter?
- Food and Drinks (especially water)
- Sunglasses (preferably polarized)
- Seasickness medicine, pain reliever
- A sense of humor is also a great part of your tote. These Captains are quite entertaining as you will see. A total experience!
What is provided on the trip?
- Fishing license for everyone
- Rods & reels
- Bait & tackle
How can I avoid getting seasick?
To avoid seasickness be good to yourself! A good night’s sleep and healthy diet will help a lot. Limit the amount of alcohol you drink the night before and the day of the charter. There are many products available over the counter throughout the Florida Keys to help with your possible seasickness. Take as directed prior to your trip.
What about tipping?
The standard tip for a Captain and crew is 15-20 % of the total fare.
If we fly in and catch a lot of fish is there a way for us to bring it home?
Sending your catch home can be done by the fish houses throughout the Florida Keys. The Captains here in the Florida Keys are very mindful of the overfishing that can occur by loading the freezer. In our experience frozen fish is a serious let down in flavor. Freeze at your own risk!
Can we bring alcoholic beverages on the boat?
Alcohol is OK but please, in moderation!
The sun, physical activity and motion of the boat can really ruin your day so please be careful. Our best advice to you is to take it easy the night before and bring other drinks on the boat so you’re not tempted to overdo it. Although seasickness can happen to the best of us common sense can lessen the chances.
Can I bring my own equipment?
Pack up that old firewood and bring it on down! Always great to see the different choices out there and see how it holds up under serious distress. If not, “our rods and reels” will work for you just fine.
- If you would like to make a reservation or inquire about availability please call us at 305-432-0046.
- All reservations must be confirmed on the phone and secured with a 20% deposit.
- The reservation can be secured by credit card.
- Payment for the fishing charter minus the deposit is collected on the day of the fishing trip in cash, money order, traveler’s checks or by credit card.
- Customary tip for trips that require a deckhand or mate is usually 15-20% of total cost. Please take care of your mate!
- We collect the 20% deposit to reserve your date and time slot. This deposit is non-refundable unless the fishing trip is cancelled by the Captain due to bad weather or unforeseen boat problems. This cancellation is made at the dock on the day of the trip, only at the Captain’s discretion. All other cancellations forfeit the 20% deposit.
- Our booking policy is to meet at the boat at the agreed time and place on the day of the trip. If the fishing trip is cancelled by the Captain due to bad weather, we will try to re-book your fishing trip for a better day if the customer’s schedule allows, otherwise we will cheerfully refund your entire 20% deposit.
- Cancellations by customers with less than a 48-hour phone call notice and no shows at the dock by customers on the day of the fishing trip will be charged to their credit card the full amount of the length charter slot they have reserved. When you reserve a fishing trip, we do not book anyone else for that time slot.